CSA Member Headquarters
Mondays: 2/25, 3/11, 3/25, 4/8, 4/22, 5/6, 5/20, 6/3
Tuesdays: 2/26, 3/12, 3/26, 4/9, 4/23, 5/7, 5/21, 6/4 Wednesdays: 2/27, 3/13, 3/27, 4/10, 4/24, 5/8, 5/22, 6/5
Meat Medley, Chicken, Salmon monthly pickups:
Mondays: 3/11, 4/8, 5/6, 6/3
Tuesdays: 3/12, 4/9, 5/7, 6/4 Wednesdays: 3/13, 4/10, 5/8, 6/5
Mondays: Our Farmstand in Jericho, 3-6 pm Tuesdays:
Community Chiropractic, 8 Essex Way, Essex, 3-5 pm
52 Locust St., south end, Burlington, 4-6 pm
Dealer.com (employees only), Burlington 4 pm
Natural Provisions, Williston, 3-8 pm
Richmond Community Kitchen, Richmond, 4-6 pm
VT State Offices, Waterbury, 2:30pm employees only
Suncommon, Rte. 2, Waterbury, 3-5pm open to public
Taylor Firestein is our CSA Coordinator. Contact her at email@example.com if you have any questions about your share, are going to miss a pickup, or need additional assistance.
1. What if I miss my pickup?
If you know you are going to miss your CSA pickup you have four options:
1. You can send someone to pick up your share for you - no need to notify us ahead of time.
2. You can notify us and request to have your share donated. We donate product weekly to the Vermont Food Bank and monthly to the local foodbank in Jericho, so we can easily find a good use for your share.
3. You can notify us at least 2 days before your pickup day and switch for a given week to the Jericho Farmstand pickup on Mondays (farmstand pickup also available on Saturdays during the winter season). This is intended to be an infrequent switching option to help you resolve a schedule conflict. Please do not request to switch your pickup location on a weekly basis.
4. You can notify us at least 2 days before your pickup day and pick up your share(s) at our farmstand later that week (farmstand open daily 8am to 6pm). If you do not notify us ahead of time and we deliver your share to your off-farm pickup location we are not able to offer you another share for later pickup at the farmstand, as we have already delivered the product for you. Off-farm pickup site hosts are not obligated to hold your shares beyond your scheduled pickup day and time. Please respect their space and pick up as scheduled.
If you do notify us ahead of time here's how late pickup at the Jericho Farmstand works:
Missed Vegetable shares: Stop by the farmstand later that week or the following week for a "pick card" that lists a share of veggies you can pick up from the farmstand displays. The "pick card" is located on the checkout counter and has the share size listed at the top of the card. Please use the card that matches the share size for which you signed up. Please note that during winter months our farmstand is occasionally "unstocked" due to extreme cold temperatures. If you arrive to use the pick card system and find the farmstand is not stocked please come find us in the back barn and we'll help you out. All missed vegetable shares must be picked up by the last scheduled pickup week of the season.
Missed Settlervore, Meat Medley, Chicken and Salmon shares: We will make your prebagged shares available for pickup at our farmstand until 6 pm the Friday after your scheduled pickup day. After that time if you have not picked up your share we will move meat shares to longer-term storage in our barn freezers and will make your meat share available to you on the next month's regularly scheduled meat pickup date. Unclaimed settlervore shares will be donated after 6 pm Friday as most items are perishable and will not hold.
Thank you for your understanding regarding our pickup policies. We aim to make it as flexible as we can for you without it becoming a logistical impossibility for us. We commit to having your share ready for you and ask that you do the same in picking it up as scheduled.
2. Can I switch Pickup Locations?
We require that you choose one pickup location for the entire season. Please do not request to switch pickup locations from week to week, as logistically we cannot track this. However, you can make an occasional pickup location switch to the Monday (or Saturday during winter) on-farm pickup as described in option 3 above. If you have a permanent schedule change that requires switching to a new pickup location for the remainder of the season please contact us and we will make it happen.
3. What is in the share?
We send you an email reminder on the Friday prior to each pickup letting you know what's in your share that week. Occasionally we do make substitutions. Detailed information about expected share volumes is available here: View Sample Shares >
4. Do I save money with the CSA share?
Yes, we structure our shares so that you save at least 10% off retail prices. In most years members receive 20 to 30% off retail market prices. This means that even if you miss one pickup during the winter or spring season or two pickups during the summer season you are still getting more than you paid for by being a member of Jericho Settlers Farm CSA.